1. Choose your domain name
Choosing a domain name is like choosing a company name — it requires a lot of thought and consideration. Your domain name is your identity on the web. You want to make sure you choose a name that not only fits your business but is also easy to find and promote. If you need help choosing a domain name, read on.
What makes a great domain name?
Some points to consider when selecting your domain name are:-
- Available - lots of good domain name have already been purchased
- Short – Ten characters or under is ideal
- Easy to type and remeber – No abbreviations or unusual spellings
- No numbers or hyphens – They make it hard to remember your name
- Unique – You don’t want to violate existing trademarks with your domain
- What other results will appear when you search this domain name
- Localisation - What are y our future scale plans - dont limit yourself to one area unless that is the goal